I work for county government that recently did a salary study and I ended up with a $5,000 a year raise. So I am going to put it to good use by saving $100 a month in my Roth IRA and continuing to save in 4 Ally accounts – Vacation, Emergency, House and Car. My husband and I are down to one vehicle since I wrecked mine in July.
That’s all for now!
It’s been about 2 1/2 years since I since posted, and I’m glad to be back at it. Some of the things that have happened in the past two years:
- I bought a house with my husband in November, 2017.
- I got into credit card debt again (around $3,800). I’m out again, thank the gods! I was able to pay off the balances due to a car accident I got into. I decided to use my husband’s truck for the next year while I save up for a used car.
- I started saving again for my retirement – I opened up a new Roth IRA with Acorns, and I still have my old one with Vanguard. Plus I was able to re-open a 401k with the state of Florida with my new employer.
- I started another part-time work at home position, which brings me to 2.
- I started a part-time job, then went to full-time, and I’ve been back to part-time during the last year. I’m on the fence about whether I want to go back to full-time or not. Working part-time keeps me mentally healthier.
I’ll be periodically updating this site with my progress. It’s good to be back!